I see Julian's name has been added to the contributor's list - does this mean there really is life out there? I will have to ring him and get him to log onto the site.
We have just invested in a new Wii Fit - this is doing a good job of keeping the kids out of the way in a relatively active way - although I am not really sure why it is more fun running on the spot in front of a computer screen than running around outside. Still it is good for those rainy days and those nights when we have people over for dinner and numerous kids to entertain ...
The first part of the school sports is on today. Hamish is competing in the throwing competition (how far you can throw a soft ball) and the long jump. He really wants to get one of the overall medals this year so has worked out that he needs to get a place in each of these to get enough points - provided he gets a place in the 100m but not the 200m sprints.
The second half of the school sports (all the running races) is on this Friday. I think Bella and Connor are dreading this (not being athletically interested or blessed) but Hamish is of course looking forward to completing the second half of his medal plan.
I'll let you know what happens...
2 comments:
Good luck to Hamish -- keeping the Pa and Pete Hanna sporting streak on the road. And of course sympathy to Bella and Connor -- keeping my non-sporting streak sitting comfortably out of the way.
I think I caught Jules on the phone a couple of weeks ago, and swapped a few e-mails following up -- so I think I sent him the blog link. Jules may remember a bit more clearly. Having Builders is Sssooo mind-sapping. Isn't it, Zena?
Actually - I think Bella is getting faster every year - she has some pretty still competition in her class though so I would be very surprised to see her going up for a medal at the end of the sports day - I might be wrong though.
Also Bella is a good swimmer - much better than me already (which isn't saying much).
I am sure Connor will find his forte.
Post a Comment