10 September 2008

Alien invasion overnight

"Aliens were trying to break in to our house last night, and when I called you to come and help fight them off, you just stood around nagging me to tidy up," I told Joseph yesterday morning.

"Really?" he said. "What kind of aliens were they?"

"The normal grey squishy ones, with big eyes, like on your allotment key ring."

"So what happened? Did they break in?"

"No. I put them in a jar of water and they just kind of dissolved. You should tell the X-files that is how to deal with them."

"Oh. You really must tidy up you know dear."

Also, he later explained, he had been distracted at the time trying to save everybody from eating an alien cereal that turned people into sort of zomboid clones, but it had all been very confusing and didn't make sense. And he disclaimed responsibility for what he got up to in any dream I had anyway.

So either something we both ate -- a trace of alien cereal, perhaps? Or premonitions of disturbance in advance of The Builders Coming In?

No comments: