28 February 2009

Local Food Co-op today. So this morning (mild, almost sunny) I pottered down to the allotment and harvested some local food to contribute: several kilos of jerusalem artichoke tubers, a big bag of lambs lettuce/corn salad, and small bags of purple sage and of alexanders, which is a 'spicy celery' kind of herb introduced here by the Romans. I think so far we (aka Seven Sisters Permaculture) are the only people who have actually contributed locally grown food. (No, I tell a lie -- Sue P down the road has also brought jerusalem artichokes along from her garden.) There's a 'community cafe' runs alongside the food co-op, so we lunched on a plateful of Turkish meze, JN bought veg from the Co-op stock and I got a free bag of rice as swap for our produce, we chatted with various folk, and then back home, via the High Road, to catch up on reading the Saturday paper with all its family of supplements. Tomorrow: JN to Friends of Bruce Castle committee meeting; I'll aim for a morning swim, then allotment. Then back to the working week -- I have Monday in Birmingham, Wed and Thurs in Peterborough.

No comments: