11 February 2009

February and fine

Hi all, I'm in Sydney with the kids at school and the builders back, just rolling along. As you know Gail died. Sad. The kids have had a enviable time with Gail and Harry and they were very lucky. 2 Brisbane families visited in January, Pete the priest with Claire and kids usefully arriving for the funeral and beach fun, then Kathryn and Eric active and inspired and inducing me to swim in the ocean for 1.5kms with a pod of morning swimmers called the Bold and the Beautiful (exhausted and cold). School came in the way we all remember where the kids all felt OK but would rather just stay home with mum for a few more weeks. Don't you remember that feeling? Especially after a whole 6 weeks without doing a trip more than 30 minutes away. Oh well they are OK. This year they have stability and look to all be staying at their schools from last year.

Our work went up until Christmas Eve and again the day after boxing day... We had a break then the painters came back a week before school. Now the balconies facing the ocean are painted as is the interior. Pete and my cupboards are in the process of being rejigged and the entry area and newly created cellar are being quaffed. I am currently challenged by the concept that on the 6th of August most of a container of STUFF was removed so we could live simply without clutter doing construction, so far nothing but my mixmaster and the atlas have been missed and soon I have to face all that STUFF again!!!

Until the house is completed I am enjoying a routine of yoga, swimming lessons, kayaking and walking. Today I kayaked. I'm not a natural but I am stategic and was partnered by the instructor.

Pete is in Wagga Wagga for the week. When he returns all of the contents of our bedroom will be not in the lounge room so he will be pleased.

No comments: