My first visit to this blog for a couple of weeks -- much too busy at work, and too much to do in the evenings as well. (But then I would no doubt be expected to do work at work, not play on blogsites.) Last weekend was party-party-party (as Judith wrote); this coming weekend we make the traditional pre-Christmas visit to my parents in Lyme Regis (apart from anything else, it will be my 55th birthday); next week it's all go-go-go -- Agency-wide Christmas party on 16 December; divisional Christmas event on the afternoon of 17 December followed in the evening by a Tottenham & Wood Green Friends of the Earth seasonal meal at a local restaurant; Unit Christmas lunch at a swish hotel (better not wear a denim skirt!) on 18 December; then a day off before we collect our goose from Stoke Newington Farmers Market on Saturday 20 December. Then, perhaps, I'll have to make some time to dust and vacuum the house in preparation for our typical Christmas past-times of making a big jigsaw on the floor, playing Scrabble (actually, this will be new for this Christmas, since we haven't previously had a set), and making up some wooden kits of sailing ships as a Christmas project (i.e., like the medieval siege engines I made last Christmas, but different). And (doubtless) watching lotsanlots of television (there'll be a Dr Who Christmas Special, a new Wallace and Gromit, perhaps some decent films...).
Hmm. I seem to have failed to make any room in that for any Christmas shopping. Well, we've already got a couple of items for my parents (although Mutti will have to be given hers, an orchid from Ally Pally Garden Centre, at the weekend, because it's not something which can be wrapped up and left under a tree for a week -- I can say this, there's no danger of her reading this because my parents neither have nor use computers) but I have still to find something for Judith. Better start thinking hard v. soon, eh wot?
No comments:
Post a Comment