I was looking forward to Easter, and last weekend even drew up a list of things to be done in the garden and on the allotment -- give the grass its first cut of the year, remove the bubble plastic from the greenhouse, rehang the insect home on the fence, apply a new coat of wood stain to the arch which holds the bird feedery, repair bed edging and lay down some new carpetting, install guttering and a downpipe on the allotment shed....but the weather forecast looks grim, and it seems that little if any of that will now be possible (chiz chiz, as N Molesworth would sa). Not that there aren't things I can get on with indoors (sorting the photographs of Paris I took a couple of weekends ago into the existing Paris photograph album -- restoring some slipped fragments in the stained glass of the front foor -- various computery things -- reading some books), but postponing any garden work at this time of the year, when one is essentially setting things up for the summer and autumn, simply creates a traffic jam of Things To Do later on in the month, which is most non-robust (chiz chiz agane).
Still, the Markfield Beam Engine will be steaming on the Monday, and we are planning to go to that whatever happens. I don't have any existing photographs of the engine and its house, so will probably take a few and post them here -- a positive outcome!
No comments:
Post a Comment