06 April 2012

Achieving Great Victories

It's clouded over now -- and in fact clouded over a couple of hours ago -- but in the hours of sunshine available I completed two of the garden jobs I'd diarised for this holiday weekend: applying a new coat of wood stain to the arch which holds the bird feedery; and giving the grass its first cut of the year. Below are two photographs of the arch, before and after its re-painting; if it looks as though the uprights aren't vertical, and that the whole thing has a twist to it, that's not an optical illusion -- it really is crappily constructed, by yours truly.





While the sun shone, the Wugster also got some gardening done, mostly in the front while I was busy in the back -- so no photographs of what she was about, except for this one, of her doing some potting up for tomorrow's plant sale on behalf of the Wards Corner Community Coalition. As the Wugster, she is of course thoroughly rugged up against the cold, while I was happily legging about in a pair of shorts and nothing else. (Well, it meant that I didn't get any splashes of wood stain on my clothes, what what?)



Tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, I shall attempt another of the diarised tasks: relaying the brick and gravel path. A whole day's work, to be sure....

No comments: