04 January 2009

We are now back from our Christmas break in Albany. We had a lovely Christmas and New Year - with the typical amounts of overeating and drinking - and spent just over a week strolling down to the beach each morning, coming home for lunch and a sleep and then playing tennis or on the new "ripsticks" or old skateboard in the afternoon.

We are now back at Perth and I have a couple of weeks until Uni starts. I still haven't finished the enrolment process - which is very involved and complicated - a bit like an initiation test to see if you really deserve to get into Uni after all! Hopefully I will get it all sorted tomorrow.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

judith said...

Good luck with the enrolment rite of passage and your teaching course -- is it a one-year diploma and then they let you loose on real (other people's) kids?

What are 'ripsticks'?

And did you manage to sit Mum down and show her how the blog works -- I see she hasn't appeared as part of the blog-crew yet...

rosie said...

Yes - it's a one year course - but I will do it over two years.

Ripsticks are skateboards with two wheels instead of four and a central pole around which the two ends swivel. You ride it more like a snow board than a skateboard. Sounds complicated - but both Bella and Jack seem to have mastered them pretty quickly.

I'll send you a photo of them later.

Didn't manage to sit mum down in front of the blogsite - that will have to be my goal for next time.

She is talking about trying to get the village onto Wireless internet connection - so she may be more willing if she has the Internet in her own house!